Relationship & Marriage ServicesInvest In Your Relationships
Relationships are hard work.
When two people come together in a relationship, they each bring along their own narratives and experiences about relationships from their own lives and their families. Every couple has disagreements, but a hallmark of healthy couples is that they address their differences constructively.
Differences need to be addressed through relational skills like communication and empathy; and critical skills in conflict management such as accepting influence, being open to compromise and navigating gridlock in perpetual issues, among other things.
To create long-lasting relationships or marriages that flourish, couples need to adopt the growth mindset – the belief that they can change, become better and commit to reaching their shared goals. Our team of relationship therapists will help you and your partner navigate your relationship and build resilience to face the inevitable challenges of every relationship.
Services Our Relationship Therapist Provides
Whether you are single, in a relationship, or married, you can seek help from our relationship therapists who are experienced in navigating the many different complexities of relationships.
Individuals – who are looking to equip themselves with relationship skills, such as those recovering from traumatic break-ups who desire to learn how to establish a more resilient relationship.
- Target audience: Age 18 to 60
Couples – married or not – can learn how to work on communication, emotional and conflict regulation skills in order to build greater resilience in their relationship.
Therapy : Before Marriage
- Customised pre-marital counselling to prepare couples who are engaged to be married.
- This is an 8 session programme.
- Couples who are seeking to resolve existing issues and conflicts before getting married.
Therapy : After Marriage
- Couples who are transitioning to parenthood – Bringing Baby Home (either in a group or in a more private couples session) – 12 hour programme
- Troubled marriages – we work with you to address issues of emotional disconnection, violations of trust due to infidelity, and bolster communication and conflict regulation skills
- Couples who are experiencing challenges due to differences in parenting styles, issues with in-laws, mental health (depression/anxiety, emotional management), and new mothers who suffer from postnatal depression.
- Couples who have special needs child/children
- Couples who are divorced and are looking to work on closure and learning how to be effective co-parents
- Couples who have issues with infertility – either primary or secondary. This includes those who are undergoing assisted reproductive technology which can be a stressful experience
- Couples who have lost a child either through miscarriage, abortion, illness or accident
- Couples who are empty nesters and have a desire to reconnect and rebuild their marriage
- Individuals who are divorced and recovering from Post Narcissist Stress Disorder (PNSD)
- Single parents who are looking to improve on their relational skills in order to start dating again
Author: Dr Mark Toh, Consultant Clinical Psychologist The 2nd Singapore Mental Health Study (SMHS) which began in 2016 (reported in December 2018) was initiated by the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH) and Nanyang...
“Good relationships keep us happier and healthier, period”. That's what Robert J. Waldinger unequivocally says is the clearest message of the Harvard Study of Adult Development. It's what may be the longest study of adult life that's ever been done, having been...
Vasantham (Mediacorp’s Tamil & Hindi TV Channel) studios reached out to Promises Healthcare’s Senior Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Rajesh Jacob, in the name of bringing greater mental health awareness to the Indian community in Singapore. In this episode En Ullae on...
Warning Signs of an Ailing Relationship “How do I know when my relationship is ailing, and that intervention is needed”? Most of us know that romantic relationships are hard work. We all have some understanding that, like flowers, relationships need nourishment to...
Everyone who owns a car knows that it needs servicing periodically. We don’t wait till the car has broken down before we send it to the workshop. We do regular tune-up for the car so that we can ensure its smooth running and lifespan. What does it mean when we apply...
Our Relationship Services Therapists include:
Couples Therapist & Relationship Coach
BSocSc (Second Upper Class Honours) (NUS), Certified Substance Abuse Counsellor,
Certified Gottman Educator, Gottman Method Couples Therapy (Level 3), Graduate Diploma in Applied Positive Psychology
Dr B Malavika
Psychological & Educational Therapist
PhD (Social Work), MA (Medical and Psychiatric Social Work), PG Dip in Learning Disorders
Get in touch with us
For more information or any enquiries, feel free to contact us now!