Relationship & Marriage ServicesInvest In Your Relationships
Relationships are hard work.
When two people come together in a relationship, they each bring along their own narratives and experiences about relationships from their own lives and their families. Every couple has disagreements, but a hallmark of healthy couples is that they address their differences constructively.
Differences need to be addressed through relational skills like communication and empathy; and critical skills in conflict management such as accepting influence, being open to compromise and navigating gridlock in perpetual issues, among other things.
To create long-lasting relationships or marriages that flourish, couples need to adopt the growth mindset – the belief that they can change, become better and commit to reaching their shared goals. Our team of relationship therapists will help you and your partner navigate your relationship and build resilience to face the inevitable challenges of every relationship.
Services Our Relationship Therapist Provides
Whether you are single, in a relationship, or married, you can seek help from our relationship therapists who are experienced in navigating the many different complexities of relationships.
Individuals – who are looking to equip themselves with relationship skills, such as those recovering from traumatic break-ups who desire to learn how to establish a more resilient relationship.
- Target audience: Age 18 to 60
Couples – married or not – can learn how to work on communication, emotional and conflict regulation skills in order to build greater resilience in their relationship.
Therapy : Before Marriage
- Customised pre-marital counselling to prepare couples who are engaged to be married.
- This is an 8 session programme.
- Couples who are seeking to resolve existing issues and conflicts before getting married.
Therapy : After Marriage
- Couples who are transitioning to parenthood – Bringing Baby Home (either in a group or in a more private couples session) – 12 hour programme
- Troubled marriages – we work with you to address issues of emotional disconnection, violations of trust due to infidelity, and bolster communication and conflict regulation skills
- Couples who are experiencing challenges due to differences in parenting styles, issues with in-laws, mental health (depression/anxiety, emotional management), and new mothers who suffer from postnatal depression.
- Couples who have special needs child/children
- Couples who are divorced and are looking to work on closure and learning how to be effective co-parents
- Couples who have issues with infertility – either primary or secondary. This includes those who are undergoing assisted reproductive technology which can be a stressful experience
- Couples who have lost a child either through miscarriage, abortion, illness or accident
- Couples who are empty nesters and have a desire to reconnect and rebuild their marriage
- Individuals who are divorced and recovering from Post Narcissist Stress Disorder (PNSD)
- Single parents who are looking to improve on their relational skills in order to start dating again
Our Relationship Services Therapists include:
Get in touch with us
For more information or any enquiries, feel free to contact us now!
Written by: Winifred Ling, Couples Therapist & Relationship Coach As a couple therapist, the question I sometimes get is, ”Is my problem serious enough to warrant a therapist?” I like to address this question in this article. There are 3 key reasons why you’d...
Written by: Winifred Ling, Couples Therapist & Relationship Coach Happily-ever-after is an ideal that many believe and pursue and numerous studies have suggested that the key to happiness lies in a thriving marriage. I am also convinced that when couples come...
As a child, how did adults around you react whenever you expressed your feelings? Did you grow up receiving that subtle message to wall up your emotions so they don’t get the better of you, or become anyone else’s burden? Childhood Emotional Neglect (CEN) is a topic...
For many individuals, therapy is a rather intense and personal topic, and it could have taken them a lot of courage to finally seek the help that they need. Keeping this in mind, it is exceptionally crucial that one finds the right therapist, for there’s a...
Scientists believe we are essentially wired to connect with other people, to socialise and build relationships with others. Indeed, we are all a profoundly social species as our drive to connect with others is embedded in our biology and evolutionary history. But what...
Strong social connections are vital to our mental and physical wellbeing - they help us navigate stressors and give us the courage to overcome the challenges that we face. Positive relationships are pivotal for an individual’s happiness, productivity, and form the...
“I’m depressed”, “I need help”. How do you react when a friend of yours approaches you, hoping to seek help and comfort? In a society that unfortunately stigmatises mental health issues, many of us are most likely incapable of tackling such situations appropriately....
At its most elemental level, people avoid the risk of failure for one simple reason – it hurts. Every single person has experienced failure. If you were to interpret failure by its definition in the dictionary, “the neglect or omission of expected or required action”,...
Relationship Advice from Relationship Therapist & Coach, Winifred Ling Chelsea, a stunning flight attendant and her partner, Clayton, have been experiencing the Covid lockdown blues. Being in the early stages of their relationship, they both confessed to...
Vasantham (Mediacorp’s Tamil & Hindi TV Channel) studios reached out to Promises Healthcare’s Senior Consultant Psychiatrist, Dr Rajesh Jacob, in the name of bringing greater mental health awareness to the Indian community in Singapore. Episode 7 of En Ullae S2 is...